Live Here, Do Good
Ecoliving For Residents
We are thinking about you
& your future.
Pamper Yourself, Pamper the Earth
El Dorado Hills is an innovation community that takes EcoLiving SM to a much higher level. This means we pamper the earth just as much as we care for our residents-- which is something you can feel great about.
El Dorado Hills EcoFeatures
- El Dorado Hills features a 93kilowatt Photovoltaic solar energy that supplies 70% of common area electricity.
- Solar energy is used to heat the pool.
- Irrigation controllers with on-site weather stations maximize irrigation effectiveness.
- Use of low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paints which have fewer hazardous fumes or toxins.
- Energy Star Appliances.
- Our landscaping incorporates native California or Mediterranean plants which are drought tolerant and require relatively low supplemental irrigation.
- The community contains high-efficiency toilets that use only 1.6 gallons per flush.
- Community recycling program has dedicated bins for glass, paper, aluminum and plastic materials.